Monday, April 3, 2017

Horse farm airplane, Rutland Township, IL

This one was really hard to track down, and I still can't actually explain what we are seeing. Looking down on my way in toward Chicago, I noticed this curious half of a jet airplane next to a complex that I took for a factory, guessing that it something related to aerospace must be manufactured here. Looking at it more carefully later, I realized that the buildings are clearly not factories but barns, and the loops and pens made me guess that this a farm. With some careful Google sleuthing based on other nearby photos and estimates of flight path and air speed, I was able to track it down and determine that it is, in fact, a stable. Nothing that I have found online, however, appears to explain the presence of the airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment