Friday, May 11, 2018

Toilet snakes, Nashville Zoo


To me, the best part of the inexplicable safari bathroom outside the Nashville Zoo was the toilet snakes: several boa constrictors, lounging lazily above the urinals. No explanation, just a small plaque on the wall announcing their species. No equivalent in the women's room either, according to my wife, just snakes hanging out to stare at men as they pee. The joke seems obvious, but did a zoo really do all of this design work and choose to maintain these animals here, just for a lame joke? If not, shouldn't there be something in the women's room too? All I know is that my daughter and I both cracked up, and she demanding to go pee with Daddy so that she could see them again on the way out of the zoo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment