Sunday, October 9, 2022

Traveling Animals - Breakfast meeting


Today, I am in airports, returning from my first air travel since March of 2020. This trip, in fact, serves as a bookend of sorts with that previous one, as I am just attended the same standards meeting that I did on that last, so fateful journey. In celebration of the return of travel, and in mourning for the same, I am going to spend the next while posting the Traveling Animals" collection that I have been building since 2014.

Back then, my then two-year-old daughter brought her stuffed elephant to me as I was heading out the door and declared that it would travel with me. I sent back pictures as I went, and ever since an animal has travelled with me on every trip that I have taken away from my family. 

When I send back the pictures, I often feel connected, but also melancholy, connected and distant all at once. These pictures form a curious slice into my professional life, the mixture of joy, fulfillment, and exhaustion that comes with frequent travel. I hope that you get to have at least a little of that experience as you look at this collation over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment